Friday, August 2, 2013

Life This Week

Wow, I cannot believe how this week has felt!  So much has been going on, it feels like it's been two weeks instead of one.

Monday, I drove Mom to the airport in D.C. so she could catch a flight to Minnesota (well, actually to Grand Forks, ND, which is close to Thief River).  My dad retired this week, his last day of work was Wednesday, and they close on their house next week, so there is a lot to get done up there!

Also Monday, the girls started a new day camp at a place called Paragon, which is a gymnastics training center that runs camps during the summer.  The girls do arts and crafts and typical campy stuff, and spend a lot of time during the day playing on the gymnastics equipment (which they love, so we will be looking into gymnastics classes for them).

Tuesday I had a job interview!!  It was with the public library system here, and was for a sub position at the adult reference desk.  The library system only promotes from within and everyone starts as a sub, so this was an interview for a foot in the door.  The interview went well and yesterday I was offered a position!  I am SUPER excited.  I know I will have to work my way up, and that is just fine with me.

Wednesday I submitted the final assignment for the final class of my Master of Library and Information Science degree.  Thursday and today I had to log into the class web site to contribute to the class discussion, but that was pretty stress-free and easy.  So, I am now done!  (I am doing a separate post about the Masters degree).

Thursday and Friday were pretty low-key.  The girls were at camp and most of the work for my degree was done.  I have rewarded myself with some down-time walking outside and watching some movies.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment