Friday, August 23, 2013

A Day Full of "Ups"

Some days are just good and yesterday was one:

  • I am still without my computer, but I found out it will cost only $90 to repair (from a local repair place.  This is in comparison to the $300 - minimum - estimate I got from Best Buy, after which the guy figured that meant I would just junk my computer and buy a new one).  That is an estimate, so we will see how close the actual bill is, and if the repair fixes the problem (fingers crossed!), but $90 is a heck of a lot less than several hundred!

  • I GOT MY DRIVER'S LICENSE BACK!!!  Monday afternoon I realized I didn't have my driver's license in my wallet.  After frantically searching EVERYWHERE (including ripping out the lining of a purse after I saw there was a hole in the lining and thought the license could have slipped through there and gotten into some hidden recess of the purse.  If you think I'm crazy about this, please know that I "lost" my keys in that way about a year ago).  I remembered the last place I had for sure had it, so called every place I had been since then to see if I had left it there.  No dice.  You may think that losing a license is no big deal, but this was my Minnesota license.  I hadn't gotten a Virginia license yet (yeah, yeah, I know, but who wants to go to the DMV??).  So, I couldn't simply just get a replacement license because to do that I would have to go to MINNESOTA.  And, oh yeah, I would have to LIVE there so they would have a place to send it.  UGH, big problem!!!   And how was I going to get a license in Virginia without a current license from a different state?  Then yesterday, I got a wonderful call from one of the businesses I had been at on Friday and they told me they FOUND my license!!!  This was one of the places I had already contacted to see if they had found it, and when they were cleaning yesterday there it was!

  • I am BACK TO WORK, helping people in the public libraries, and I LOVE IT!  I was hired by the area library system earlier in the month and have been training for the past two weeks.  Training wrapped up on Wednesday and yesterday I worked at the England Run branch.  I didn't realize how much I had missed working and helping people until yesterday and I left work with a skip in my step and a smile on my face.  It is a good feeling knowing I am making the world a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment