Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mastering the Masters

Happy days are here again! 

With the crown the girls and Jason made.

 Last Friday I finished my Masters degree!  In January, 2011, I started a masters program in Library and Information Science.  It took me 31 months to finish, and except for the last couple of months, I was working full-time and parenting AND doing graduate classes at the same time.  I worked on school work early in the morning, during lunch breaks at work, in the evenings, and usually all day Saturday and Sunday.  There was little time for anything fun.  I turned down invitations so often from friends for get-togethers  that they just stopped asking.  It has been a looong haul and there were many days when I just wanted to quit.  But I didn't.  And last week, I finally finished! 

On the evening of the last day of my last class, Jason cooked a delicious meal and got a special bottle of wine, and he and the girls made me a crown to celebrate.  It was a great day, the first of many to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment