Thursday, August 15, 2013

How Come I'm Still So Busy?????

For months, I have been looking forward to having time for "real life" after I finished my masters.  I just knew that being done with school would give me TONS of time everyday to blog, read, go for walks, call friends, play with the dog, and all kinds of other things.  But I haven't been able to!!!  WHAT HAPPENED???  I've really been thinking about this a lot because it's been a huge disappointment.  I've been done with my masters almost two weeks, and I haven't had much more free time than I did when I was taking classes.  Here's what I've decided:  I really DO have more free time, but I am filling it with things I feel now can't be ignored (things I HAD to ignore when doing my masters because EVERYTHING had to be ignored then).  So, my "free time" is being filled with cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and unpacking boxes (still!).  The good news is, now that I have figured out where my free time has gone, I can get it back for other things (like reading and calling friends) by simply not cleaning, doing laundry and going to the grocery store!  hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment