Sunday, June 13, 2010

Trip to SLC: Day 1

Wednesday, the day we are to fly out to Salt Lake City...

Elise comes down right away in the morning to report: "Mom! I don't have diarrhea!" To be followed by an hour of her singing a song she has composed herself. The lyrics are easy: "Diarrhea, diarrhea, I don't have diarrhea." Repeat. Again and again and again. Finally I had to tell her to stop singing this song. She complied. Until we were in the car driving to the airport. I tried to follow the advice of "ignore bad behavior." I really tried. But after ten repetitions I just couldn't take it and sternly told her to stop and never sing that song again. Total quiet (Yes!) for about one minute then I hear Anja's tiny voice behind me sing "diaweeah, diaweeah, diaweeah." It was too much for me, and I cracked up laughing.

By the way, Elise never got diarrhea. Thank heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment