Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day Trip

Over Memorial Day weekend we drove to the Black Hills. My dad is from there, and we have a lot of relatives there. This was not a tourist trip, our intention was to visit family.

We left Friday morning, and drove the 12 hours to Rapid City. The girls did great! (Thank heaven for portable dvd players!).
On the way out we stopped in Mitchell, SD for a quick lunch and the girls HAD to get on this rabbit.
We visited Uncle Bob, and this visit was a huge hit with the girls. He and his wife have fish, several cats, and a ferret!
I tried a new sleeping arrangement with the girls. Instead of putting Anja in a pack n play and Elise in bed with me, I put both girls in one bed and I got a bed all to myself! It went really well! This was the first time Anja had slept in a "big bed" and she did great.
Saturday and Sunday, while Anja napped, my mom and dad took Elise out. They visited Dinosaur Park...
And Canyon Lake Park...

On the way back we made a stop and rested for a while near the Badlands.

At a gas station somewhere in South Dakota, I think (or maybe North Dakota?). The girls ran around a burned off some energy. I had hoped they would sleep after this, but neither girl slept a wink the 12 hours out or the 12 hours back. VERY different from me! I remember, as a kid, when we made this trip I would sleep pretty much the whole way!

No comments:

Post a Comment