Thursday, June 24, 2010

Book Review--The Story of Edgar Sawtelle

I really liked this book, one of the better ones I've read in a while. Edgar is a mute boy and this is the story of him, his parents and their life together. It is patterned after "Hamlet" (I didn't know this until after I'd finished it but when I found it out I thought "oh! That explains a lot!" ). It was hard to let this book rest, I always wanted to know what was going to happen next. Edgar really is a tragic figure, thrown into a situation he didn't create but that he has to maneuver within. I could see him making bad choices and wanted to say "no!" But he is a boy and a product of his experiences and a slave to his emotions. A really good book, five stars out of five (I know!! It really is that good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment