Sunday, November 10, 2013

Catching Up

November 10th.  Five months ago, we were loading our belongings onto a moving truck and getting ready to move to Fredericksburg.  Thinking about the stress of that time, getting everything packed, anticipating a cross-country drive with two kids and two pets, knowing I would have to get settled before my summer class started, makes my stomach churn.  In the past five months we made our move and got settled, I finished my Masters degree, the girls started school, and I started a new job.  Sometimes it feels like we just got here, but most of the time it feels like we have lived here longer than the few months we've been here because it is such a nice place to live, with friendly people and lots to do.

October and November have been busy months for us.  October was chock-full of activities, special events, and a visit from a special friend.  More on all of those coming up in future posts.  November has been especially busy for me because I've been working a lot.  Since August I've been subbing in the Adult Research Department at five of the branch libraries in the Central Rappahannock Regional Library system, and in October I also started subbing in the Youth Services Department at those same branches.  Between the two, I work almost every day in November, often doing split shifts (a morning shift at one library, an afternoon or evening shift at another library or in a different department).  Between all the activity in October and all the working in November, I've gotten behind in blog posts.  But have no fear!  I am determined to catch up, so check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment