Monday, November 11, 2013

Hamming it Up

For about a year, I've been thinking the girls are ready to watch The Princess Bride, a modern-day classic movie.  When I was a teenager I stumbled upon the movie in a video store (oh, I remember them fondly).  I had never heard of it and after watching it couldn't figure out why I hadn't heard of it because it was FANTASTIC!  Turns out, it is a favorite of many people and there are t-shirts and who knows what all else made with lines from the movie.  There are MANY well-known lines from the movie, as I found out when I put up a Facebook post regarding The Princess Bride and people spontaneously entered quotes from the movie in the comment section. 

Well, the girls did love the movie, and over the course of a couple of weeks we watched it about 100 times.  I am not exaggerating.  Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but we watched it A LOT.  Enough for the girls to start quoting lines from the movie...



If you've never watched the movie, DO IT!!  The movie is based on a book, The Princess Bride, which I haven't read but I have it on good authority (Jason) that this is a case where the movie is way better than the book (one of the few cases, in my opinion).

No comments:

Post a Comment