Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Getting Ready for Kindergarten

Ready to go Shopping

Anja is going to kindergarten this fall!  She is SUPER excited.  Last summer I waited too long to do school shopping and by the time we went, things were really picked over and we had a hard time finding everything we need.  So, when I was at Target last week and saw they had school supplies out, I decided we would get it done earlier this year.  I had decided that I wanted to take each girl shopping separately, so I could totally focus on them individually and give them the time and attention they wanted, and make it a special day.  This week, Anja had a day with no activities, so we headed out for our day of shopping!

First to Target, for a backpack, folders, pencils, and everything else a kindergartener needs!


Next, to the mall to get some clothes and shoes.  Anja is a very good shopper, and we had a very fun time picking out clothes and trying things on.

Yeah, she's not a posing diva at all.

The mall in Fredericksburg is pretty large, and there is a very cute train than goes around, which Anja and I rode.  The ride took about 10 minutes and made a loop around the mall.  It was a great way to get a tour of the mall and see what is there.

We also took a break at the play area. 


 It was fun to let Anja make the decisions about where to go and what do to (well, most of the decisions), and to give her a few hours when she didn't have to share anything, including my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment