Tuesday, May 14, 2013

End of the Hiatus

When I started my Master's program in 2010, all my extra time (and then some) was taken up with school, and this blog went on hiatus.  Now I am almost done with my program!  My last class will begin the end of June, and during this break from school I decided to start posting on the blog again.  That, plus we have some pretty big things going on in our lives.  Like MOVING!!!  (more of that later, as the time draws closer). 

In the meantime, I thought I would start with a post about our latest adventure, a trip to Fredericksburg, Virginia, which will soon be our home. 

Having two girls who love nature and critters of all kinds, we spent some time outdoors.  We got really lucky because when we were in Virginia, a brood of 13-year cicadas were starting to emerge.  This is huge!  They estimate 20 billion cicadas will emerge to mate and breed over 2 to 3 weeks.  We will probably miss the peak, but felt very lucky to spot a few.


We all love hiking, and spent some time exploring a beautiful creek.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment