Wednesday, May 22, 2013

2nd Grade Field Trip

Every May each elementary class at the public elementary school here takes a special field trip.  For the second graders, that field trip is to the public library and one of the local parks.  In years past, I have been one of the librarians who took the second graders on a tour of the library, read stories, and taught them how great the library is.  Today, I had the great fortune of being able to just be a parent, accompanying my second grader on her field trip to the library.  I got to listen to the stories and see Elise and her friends react to them, I got to talk to Elise about books she likes and read with her. 



After visiting the library, Elise's second grade class went to Lion's Park.  After four days of rain (and over four inches), the park was very wet, but the kids still had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment