Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fun Times

Jason's mom, Dolores, was here for a visit over Thanksgiving, and all of us were off from school and work for most of the week.  We mostly hung out , getting ready for Thanksgiving, playing with the girls, and playing tourist (see the post on our visit to the Alpaca farm). 

Here are some pictures of those fun times:

Pumpkin Pie
The day before Thanksgiving I made pumpkin pies.  Elise LOVES pumpkin pie and had been waiting and waiting for these pies.  I ended up with more filling than would fit in the pie shells, so I baked it in small dishes without a crust.  They are like mini-pumpkin pies, we call them pumpkin custard.  Elise asked if she could have one and I said "sure!" Then she asked if she could have two.  I said she could have as many as she wanted.  She dug as soon as I took them out of the oven, they weren't even cool yet.
A happy girl with her pumpkin pie!


I came back into the kitchen to find Elise
had eaten all the mini pumpkin pies!
FUN & GAMES
Time off at home gave us lots of opportunity to play games (Battleship was a favorite this week), do some projects, and read.
Dolores and the girls make
friendship bracelets.

Jason and Anja reading before bed.

This silly kid LOVES sucking on lemons!
We went out for lunch and she begged
everyone for the lemon from their glass of water.
SNOW

We saw our first snow in Virginia!  It had been raining all morning, and it was a little chilly outside, but I didn't believe it when Elise said "it's snowing!"  I looked outside and to me it looked more like freezing rain so I went off to do something.  A minute later the phone rang and it was mom.  "It's snowing!"  she said.  And I said "are you sure?"  I looked out the window and sure enough, it had switched to snow.  It only lasted about 10 minutes and it melted as soon as it hit the ground.  But we were all pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment