Sunday, December 8, 2013

Breakfast With Santa


Eileen's Bakery is one of my favorite places to eat in Fredericksburg.  It is in an old church and they have outstanding sandwiches, salads, bread, cookies, cakes and pastries.  We discovered Eileen's one of the first times I visited Jason.  After we moved here and I started working for the library, I realized the Headquarters Library is just a few doors down, and have eaten at Eileen's several times when I'm working at HQ or have training there.  A few weeks ago I saw an advertisement for an event there called "Breakfast With Santa," a breakfast buffet with Santa as a guest for the kids to visit with.  I made reservations and this morning was the big event!

Eileen's had this event pretty organized, there was a seating chart and our table had a sign that said "Caswell."  As soon as we were seated, our table elf brought our drinks and after we got our food another elf came to tell us it was our turn to visit with Santa. 
Elise and Anja visit with Kat the elf.
Santa was delightful, the food was delicious (the BEST pancakes I have ever had), and the environment there is always quaint.

The girls!

My dad, mom, Anja, and Santa in the background.

Me and my sweetie.
Elise & Jason

With her arms crossed, Anja looks a
little stubborn, but I think she was
just a little nervous with Santa. 
I think.  She doesn't usually get
nervous, though, so I don't know
what was going on here. 
Maybe she was cold.



I would like a toy cat and...


Elise is displaying the cookies the girls got from Santa.

Grandma and Grandpa are looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment