Thursday, October 31, 2013

Anja Turns 6

I know parents, grandparents, people with children in their lives in some way, say something along these lines all the time, but....It does not seem possible that Anja is six years old!  She is my baby and she is getting so big!  But (to use another common cliché) they grow up whether or not we want them to. 
Then:  Anja at her 1st birthday

Now:  Anja at her 6th birthday

I am very proud of the young lady Anja is becoming.  She is sweet, caring, feisty (I have always called he my little firecracker) and very funny.  I did a short interview with her on the day she turned six and this is what she had to say:

Favorite color:  Purple
Favorite animal:  Cat and dragon and dolphin
What she wants to be when she grows up:  Book Maker
Favorite thing to do:  Read Books
Something she wants to learn how to do:  Read
Something she is proud she can do:  Read

For her sixth birthday, she wanted a party at the gymnastics center where she and Elise had done some day camps last summer.  Anja, Elise, and six of Anja's classmates played in the gym for an hour, then went to a party room for pizza, cake and opening gifts.  The kids had a GREAT time and I could thoroughly enjoy the party, knowing I didn't have to clean-up afterward (one of the best parts of having the party somewhere other than home).

 
 
It was a lot of fun to watch Anja with her friends, bouncing, playing, and having a great time!



Bouncing big sister!


Elise giving Anja some help tying a balloon onto her hand.

Oh, wow!

"I love it!"
Happy, happy birthday girl!


Make a wish!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment