Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Movin', Movin', Movin'...Day 3

Day Three:  We were in three states today!  We started in Illinois, drove through Indiana, and crossed into Kentucky.  The traveling went so well.  I thought Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana looked a lot alike.  That's the midwest for you, I guess!  This was my first time in Kentucky, and I think it is much prettier than the previous states we've been through.  It has more trees, which I really like.  We drove through Louisville, a first for me.  Seems like it would be an interesting city to visit (I also know this because Jason has been there a few times and I know about the fun stuff he has done).


We spent the night in Shelbyville, Kentucky.  We really didn't have much interaction with people there, other than attendants at the gas station and staff at the hotel.  The only colorful story I have to relate is from the hotel breakfast area on Friday morning.  I was there with the girls and there were only two other people there, a couple who were probably in their 60s.  The tv was on a news channel and the couple were making constant negative comments and exasperated grunts at every story, bemoaning the state of the world.  At one point they were complaining about President Obama and the man said "if I was on that hill, I would take a shot."  Oh.  So, I really want to avoid stereotyping, but talking about assasinating the president made me think "man, I guess I am in the South."  There was also the pit pull that was chained up behind the Waffle House that started barking at me and Elise as we went for a walk that night.  Yep, pit bull chained up behind the Waffle House.  That is all I'm going to say about that. 

Day three:  312 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment