Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Start of a New School Year

It’s back to school time!  Fourth and first grade for us.  I STILL cannot get used to writing anything except “K” on forms that ask “Grade.”  I remember when I was in fourth grade, I remember feeling pretty cool and mature.  Big stuff happened, like standing next to a boy during recess, not because we were playing a game, but because we “liked” each other.  In fourth grade boys and girls “went” together.  For like two days.  And I think that basically meant you stood by each other during recess.  I am not ready for my babies to do things like that!  I am not ready for Elise to be conscious of her coolness and maturity.  I need her to get seriously obsessed with an activity or sport or something, so that she has no interest in anything else (like boys or worrying about how she looks).  I’d take just about anything:  tennis, soccer, music, horses, snake chasing, tree climbing. 

Seriously, though, both girls are thrilled with the teachers they got this year, and were over the moon when we went to open house the week before school started and they BOTH found out that their best friend from class last year is in their class this year.  HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?? Is the school conspiring to make my children happy?  That just doesn’t seem right.  Actually it does, we are so happy with the school and how kind they’ve been to Elise and Anja.  

No comments:

Post a Comment