Sunday, October 25, 2015

Back to School

The end of August found us preparing to head back to school:  Elise for 5th grade and Anja for 2nd.

Haircuts
Elise had been asking for a while to cut her hair, but I wanted to make sure she was serious (most of the times she asked was when we were trying to get painful snarls out of her long hair).  She'd been growing out her hair her whole life, had only had the ends trimmed, and I wanted to make sure she was certain.  By the end of August she had convinced me, though I wasn't convinced she knew what she was asking for when she said she "wanted it short," so I told her to cut it halfway first, and live with that for a while and if she still wanted to go short, we could do that in a couple of weeks.  The "halfway" cut looked great!
Before
After:  The Halfway Cut
Shopping
School shopping gets more fun every year, as the girls get older and more independent.


Everyone is excited to start this school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment