Sunday, July 20, 2014

Everyday Life Randomness

Meeting the Neighbors
We are one of seven houses in a quiet cul-de-sac.  We've met almost everyone on our street and one night had a gathering in the cul-de-sac, where we all brought lawn chairs, sat around, talked, and were entertained by the grown son of one of our neighbors lighting off fireworks .  Our animal neighbors include Spade the cat, who lives next door but wanders freely in the neighborhood.  The girls are way more interested in Spade than any of the humans who live nearby.

Guard Dog
Dutch's health continues to decline.  He spends most days sleeping and laying around.  He likes to lay outside if we are out in the yard, and it's shady so it is nice and cool for him.

Getting Settled
We hired movers to bring over everything we hadn't already moved from my apartment and the storage unit I've been renting since I got here.  So, as of Friday all of our stuff is in one place!  We are also enjoying a nice big kitchen table we bought at a consignment store last week.  We'd been eating around the kitchen counter, so this is a big improvement!
First meal at the kitchen table!

Sights that Warm My Heart
It makes me happy beyond description to see Elise and Anja playing outside.  We are fortunate to live in a quiet neighborhood where they can freely go outside, play and explore.  I love to see their independence and curiosity at work when they are free to do whatever they want.
I came home the other day to see the girls' bikes left in the driveway.
 This put such a smile on my face!
 I am so glad we are in a place where they have room to play!
And, I saw this when I went to get the mail, which also put
a smile on my face. Being greeted by a jaguar wearing
a scarf would make anyone feel happy!
Our big, wooded yard means the girls have a ton of room
to explore and that there are very interesting things to be found.
Elise spends a lot of time in the yard tipping up rocks and
paving stones, looking to see if there is anything
interesting underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment