Sunday, June 1, 2014

You Know You're in the South When...

You attend a potluck where five people have brought fried chicken and three people have brought pans of homemade macaroni and cheese.  Three whole pans.  Of homemade (from scratch!) macaroni and cheese.  Also, there were a ton of other dishes and I have to say (sorry Minnesotans), this was the best potluck I have ever attended.  The food was so good, and (chicken and macaroni and cheese aside) there was such a great variety of main dishes, I don't know how it could have been any better.  On the potluck front, the southerners have scored some points with me!  What else?  Not a Jello dessert in sight!  Nothing on that table had Jello in the ingredients!  Where I come from, a Jello dish (or Jello "salad" as they are sometimes called) is a requirement for potlucks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment