Friday, May 23, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day!  We made a whole weekend out of it.  On Saturday while Jason was at UMW commencement, the girls and I wandered around the farmer's market, where we bought crab cakes and locally grown asparagus and strawberries (I LOVE living in a warmer climate!).  We also got cinnamon rolls :) 

The beautiful bounty of the
farmer's market.

Anja thought the fennel looked like
hair so she tried it on.

 At the farmer's market I entered a raffle to win a cake and later that day got a call saying I won!  Woo hoo, dessert for Mother's Day!
The cake I won in a raffle!

Sunday started early with the girls waking me up to deliver handmade presents. (I got to enjoy a nap later while Jason entertained the girls.  A NAP!  What a treat!)



Later, we went to Mom and Dad's and just hung out. 
Me and the world's best mom.

 Jason cooked us an excellent lunch (of crab cakes and asparagus -- YUM!).  It was a totally delightful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment